What amenities will the building offer?
- Private or companion suites of 470 square feet complete with shower
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Emergency call response system in each suite
- Variety of comfortable community areas, including:
- Elegant community dining room
- Private dining room for family or guests
- 24-hour coffee/juice shop
- Wrap-around porch and terrace
- Media, television and living room areas
- Beautifully manicured landscaping and gardens
- Outdoor areas to walk and relax in
- Comfortable quality furnishings and artwork
- Fire safety system
- All utilities, phone and TV hook-up (monthly phone and cable not included)
What services will you offer in the basic rate?
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily
- Snacks available throughout the day
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry and linens (except dry cleaning)
- Social, educational, devotional and recreational programs
- Scheduled group transportation
- Daily afternoon socials
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Maintenance of building and grounds
If I need additional help, will care be available?
Yes. We understand that each resident is an individual with unique needs and preferences. That’s why we meet with residents and family and conduct an assessment – prior to move-in and at regular intervals after move-in – to understand the need for assistance and support in the following areas:
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Showering or bathing
- Dressing and clothing selection
- Socialization and activities
- Medication coordination
- Mobility and transferring
- Continence management
- Monitoring of safety
- Assistance with eating
This assessment helps determine the appropriate care and service that preserve each resident’s dignity, encourages independence and best enables freedom of choice. Upon completion of the assessment, a team comprised of the Administrator, and Nurse prepares an individualized service plan that is monitored on a daily basis. There may be additional charges for these services depending upon the level of need.
Should your care needs change over time, you can rest assured in knowing that those services are available in our attached nursing facility.
Do you allow pets?
No, pets are not allowed.
Can I bring my car?
Yes, there are limited parking spaces available on the grounds.
Can I bring guests and families for lunch?
Absolutely! Our approach is to make this your home, so families and friends are encouraged to join you in the dining room. There is a small meal charge for guests.
Contact: Kris Kuck, Administrator
Phillips Co. Retirement Center
East HWY 36
PO Box 628
Phillipsburg, KS 67661